Sunday 5 December 2010

busy, busy, busy....

Three weeks to Christmas! Horribly behind with my Christmas shopping. No tree, no turkey, no presents.....oh dear! However, I have made a Christmas cake which is a gluten free version of one of Nigel Slater's recipes. I was a little creative with my adaptation so goodness only knows what it'll taste like. I randomly added and omitted various ingredients. I also used the wrong size cake tin. Hmmmm - doesn't sound promising, does it? I'm hoping that if I put enough brandy in it over the next three weeks, noone will notice it's inedible!

It's been a busy week. Fabulous venue and lovely carol singing at Clifton College's Christmas Fayre, complete with the Stig! Followed by a bustling Bishopston Christmas Market where there were friends and good company:


Here's Sue from Greengarland with her lovely wreaths and Christmas decorations:


And then there was a very busy Whiteladies Christmas Market, complete with choir and hot, spiced apple juice (thanks Robin) which helped to combat the cold and damp!


And that was followed by a packed Henleaze Christmas Fair where the choir sang, the children got very excited and everyone played games and drank mulled wine (well, the adults did!). Here's a young volunteer balancing a Bolga basket on his head!


So, off we go. Only three shopping weeks left - here's hoping there's something left in the shops that I want to buy and my nearest and dearest will want to receive!

Hope you're all on top of the situation better than I am!

2 comments:

  1. Hey ! bring some of that cake on boxing day....

    p.s. Me looking more Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall than Nigella. Very disappointing. :{

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will test the cake first to see if it's fit to share!

    Nigella is sooooooo last decade! We're going for a greener look!

    ReplyDelete