Saturday 14 May 2011

get knitted....

My own attempts at knitting are a bit hopeless. Many moons ago, I used to be a big fan of Patricia Roberts patterns (see V&A website for an interview with her). I loved her designs but they were a bit beyond me really. I wasn't competent enough for the complexity and detail of her patterns but I used to persevere. It took me two years to knit one of her fair isle cardigans! When I'd finished, there were so many loops on the back that my hand got stuck in them whenever I tried to put it on!

But I love yarn, particularly beautiful hand dyed yarn in wonderful colours with interesting textures. Fabulous knitting store, Get Knitted is an Aladdin's Cave of temptation. So it's been great to have a display of baskets in store this week.

Knitting basket

Perhaps their expertise will rub off on me if I hang around in there for long enough......

No comments:

Post a Comment