Monday 27 September 2010

couldn't give a fig....

I don't know what happened to yesterday's lovely weather but today it's 10 degrees cooler and drizzling. I'm resisting the temptation to switch on the central heating by using the woodburner and pretending it's not really a form of heating!

I was reading Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries last night, seeing what seasonal dishes I could/should be making with all the lovely things I brought home from Love Food yesterday.  But today I want to pretend that it's not really grey and damp and that I'm not really cold (which I am) so decided (somewhat irrationally) to make a summer snack. So here's the fab cheese I bought yesterday (see http://wootton-dairy.com/) with some lovely ripe figs. All I have to do now is close my eyes, concentrate hard and pretend that when I open them, I'll be in Tuscany.......

No comments:

Post a Comment