Thursday 30 September 2010

real life

One of my friends has just come back from France and sent me this great photo.


I love those blue doors. Last time I was in the Vendee, the doors and shutters on all the houses were painted a fabulous shade of blue. It reminds me of those glorious blue, turquoise and white combinations that you get in the Greek Islands, particularly places like Santorini, where every building looks like it was specially made as a photo opportunity.

It always makes me want to paint my house the same colours when I get home. But it's never the same. The geraniums you plant to remind you are never as bright. And the ouzo/retsina/local wine you bring back makes you wince in a way it never did under a brilliant blue sky.

Which is why my doors are boringly white. And I try (not always successfully) to only bring back things that fit in with my real life and not my virtual one!

No comments:

Post a Comment