Friday 8 October 2010

berry crumble

Made this blueberry, blackberry and raspberry crumble today. Ate it with lashings of icecream.


Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of puddings and desserts. Partly, I think, because I love chocolate so much that I can't quite see the point of anything else that's sweet. And partly because, as a coeliac, the gluten free version of many puddings leaves quite a lot to be desired.

But there's something irresistible about crumbles. They're comfort food. They remind me of my childhood when my mother was always to be found in the kitchen making apple crumble with Bramleys from the tree in our garden.

And the good news is that crumbles made with gluten free flour are fine. So, if you feel like giving it a go, try this lovely seasonal plum and ginger crumble:
http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2005/09/best-crumble-you-will-ever-eat.html

3 comments:

  1. .. that makes me want to have a go at one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the plum and ginger one - it's lovely and even better the second day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That combination sounds delicious ..

    ReplyDelete